Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Bran Muffins

I actually found this recipe on the lid of my peanut butter jar, but you can also find it here http://www.scojuice.com/recipes/cooking_with_nut_butter/peanut_butter_bran_muffins. I'm wondering if these would be good too with banana?? I didn't add them this time because I'm making banana muffins tomorrow :)

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups bran flakes (I found this in the bins at Central Market)
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/3 cup oil or 1/3 cup apple sauce
½ cup chunky peanut butter (I used creamy)
½ cup chopped peanuts (I left these out since they are for my little guy)

Directions:

Combine bran flakes and milk in a bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Blend in egg, oil or apple sauce, peanut butter and bran mixture. Stir until completely mixed. Fold in chopped peanuts. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400* F for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Makes 1 dozen muffins






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!