Tuesday, August 23, 2011

J&J's Baby Meat Balls

Once again, these meat balls are from my favorite site http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/Meals.htm.  This recipe was a little difficult for me at first because it doesn't have quantities and I wasn't quite sure how to do the "parts" so I'll put what I used in parenthesis.
Ingredients:
  • Ground Turkey, Beef or chicken (One lb ground beef)
  • Plain baby cereal (boxed type) (I used 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs)
  • Pureed veggies or fruits (I found some pureed squash in the freezer section. It was in a square package just like frozen spinach, and I used the whole thing)
  • Spices as desired (I didn't use extra spices since my bread crumbs were already seasoned)
  • Wheat Germ (I used maybe 1/4 cup)

Directions:
1. Place 1 part lean ground beef/turkey or chicken into a mixing bowl
2. Add 2 parts baby cereal and 1/2 part wheat germ. Use Spices that you find appropriate (you may use bread crumbs if you choose)
3. Add pureed veggies and/or fruit to moisten the mixture
4. Mix together as you would when making “adult" meatballs.
5. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees until brown and cooked thoroughly – Cover with tinfoil, be sure not to burn the meatballs as they will become tough on the outside and baby may not be able to eat them.
(*Ground turkey, rice cereal, wheat germ, pureed sweet potato, dash of cinnamon for example)
 

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment!